Mr Matthew J Cichero
Consultant Podiatric Surgeon
FCPodS, FACPS, MPod, BAppSci(Pod)
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
In 2010, Mr Cichero moved to Wiltshire and works as a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon at the Great Western Hospital. Previously he has established clinical services in Singapore and remote indigenous populations in the Northern Territory of Australia. He has also held lecturing positions at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia.
Mr Cichero performs around 500 foot and ankle procedures a year. The majority of this surgery is performed on a day care basis under either local or general anaesthetic. This includes ingrown nail surgery, bunion, hammer toe and neuroma surgery through to ankle instability procedures amongst others.
His many years working in biomechanics, orthotics and injection therapy gives him a unique insight into the conservative management of many lower limb injuries which can be treated successfully without surgery, including shock wave therapy.
Evidence-based management for common foot and ankle pathologies such as heel and arch pain is always utilised. Mr Cichero is actively involved in sports such as triathlons, giving him an insight into sports injury management pathways and the needs of an athlete. Mr Cichero has presented both at national and international conferences and authored a number of peer reviewed international articles.
- Foot and ankle surgery with particular interest in forefoot deformity such as bunions and hammer toes
- Biomechanical assessment and use of orthoses (shoe inserts) for foot, ankle and lower limb problems
- Surgical management of the diabetic foot
- Ingrown toenails
- Fellow – Directorate of Podiatric Surgery, College of Podiatry
- Fellow - Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons
- Affiliate Member of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Health Care Professions Council – Podiatrist
- AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) – Podiatric Surgeon
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)