Mr Matthew Bartlett
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BA, BM BCh, FRCS(Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
Mr Matthew Bartlett qualified from Oxford in 1991 and underwent his basic and higher surgical training in London. In 2003 he was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in knee surgery at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust.
Shortly after appointment he went on sabbatical to Australia spending time in centres of excellence in knee surgery in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane. This furthered his interest in sports injury and computer assisted knee surgery.
Upon Mr Bartlett's return, he worked closely with the English Institute of Sport and the British Olympic Medical Centre (then based at Northwick Park) and was involved in training the registrars in the new speciality of Sports and Exercise Medicine. He continues to consult to the Olympic Medical Institute on an ad hoc basis.
Mr Bartlett has developed a superspecialist interest in computer aided knee replacement and also in ACL, revsion ACL and multi-ligament reconstruction and lecture/teach both nationally and internationally in these fields.
- Primary total hip replacements.
- Knee replacement and revision knee replacement with a special interest in knee replacement in younger individuals using computer guided techniques for increased accuracy.
- Primarily knee surgery with an interest in sports injury and joint reconstruction.
- Arthroscopic treatment of the knee including meniscal resection and repair, cartilage resurfacing techniques, ACL reconstruction and complex multiligament reconstruction.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)