Mr Matthew Sala
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB, FRCS (Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
His Work has helped pioneer minimally invasive, arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery in the upper limb, and he performs more than 80% of all soft tissue repairs in this way. He is part of the International Steering Group for the development of Equinoxe (Exactech) Total Shoulder Replacement Arthroplasty range of implants and provides an international training facility for surgeons globally to attend for teaching.
He is one of the few surgeons in this country to be using collagen patch augmentation grafts in rotator cuff repair surgery and synthetic ligament reconstruction in the treatment of acromioclavicular joint injuries.
Mr Sala studied medicine at the University of Liverpool Medical School and was appointed as Orthopaedic Specialist Registrar on the North Thames rotation training at University College Hospital, London, St Mary’s; Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospitals. He was awarded the qualification FRCS, and subsequently FRCS(Orth) in 1997; and the Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in 1999.
Upon completion of this training he was then granted the prestigious clinical fellowship based at the University of Toronto and St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Canada, in complex shoulder and upper limb surgery and trauma.
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand assessment and surgery
- Upper limb sports injury
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery shoulder and elbow
- Rotator cuff surgery
- Shoulder and elbow joint replacement
- Tendonitis treatment and tendon reconstruction
- High energy shockwave therapy
- Carpal tunnel decompression
- Ulnar nerve release
- Dupuytren's disease
- Thumb arthritis and ligament reconstruction surgery
- Ganglion removal
- Trigger finger treatment
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement surgery
- Cartilage operation
- Joint injection
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Shoulder and Elbow Society (BESS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Independent Doctors Federation (IDF)
- London Consultants Association (LCA)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)