Dr Matthew Luckie
MB, ChB, MD, MRCP (UK)
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
He sees a wide range of patients with cardiac disease in his practice as an NHS cardiology consultant, specialising in echocardiography, valvular and structural heart disease. He is accredited by the British Society of Echocardiography in transthoracic, transoesophageal and stress echocardiography and led the MRI echocardiography department to achieve departmental accreditation in 2019. He supervises a high-volume stress echocardiography service as well as a specialist heart valve surveillance clinic for monitoring of patients with heart valve problems in order to ensure timely referral for surgical or other intervention. He works closely with other colleagues able to offer surgical intervention for heart valve disease, as well as catheter-based (keyhole) options for treatment where appropriate.
He offers a one-stop cardiology clinic at the BMI Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle. The clinic offers a combined consultation, ECG and fully accredited transthoracic echocardiogram within a single 60-minute appointment. The results of these investigations will be discussed on the day and where necessary plans can be made for either any further investigations which may be recommended, or for ongoing follow-up or referral to other specialists as necessary. A full report of the consultation will be sent to you and your General Practitioner afterwards.
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Heart Valve Society
- British Society of Cardiac Imaging
- Echocardiography – including 3D and contrast echocardiography, stress echocardiography and transoesophageal echocardiography
- Assessment of heart murmurs and heart valve disease including assessment and referral for heart valve surgery or other intervention when necessary
- Investigation of chest pain and cardiac causes of breathlessness including possible heart failure
- Assessment of possible cardiac causes of TIA and stroke including patent foramen ovale (PFO)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)