Mr Almond (MB ChB DM FRCS) has special interests in abdominal cancer surgery, upper gastrointestinal surgery and general surgery. He is highly skilled at open, laparoscopic (keyhole) and endoscopic procedures. His NHS practice is based at University Hospital Birmingham.
Mr Almond completed subspecialty training in upper gastrointestinal and pancreaticobiliary surgery and then gained further specialist experience in abdominal and retroperitoneal sarcoma surgery through Fellowships to the Istituto Dei Tumori, Milan, and the Royal Marsden Hospital, London. In addition, he developed specialist skills in therapeutic endoscopy through Fellowships to Harvard University, Boston; the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston; and the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, US.
In 2010 Mr Almond was granted a prestigious Royal College of Surgeons Research Fellowship and was subsequently awarded a Doctorate of Medicine. He has published more than 70 research articles and book chapters including publications in the journal Nature and the British Journal of Surgery. Mr Almond is an honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Birmingham. He is also a member of the British Sarcoma Group, the Transatlantic Retroperitoneal Sarcoma Working Group and the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons through which he has contributed to international guidelines.
Mr Almond performs specialist open and laparoscopic (keyhole) treatment of soft tissue sarcomas, neuroendocrine tumours, gastrointestinal stromal tumours, adrenal tumours, gallstones, hiatal hernias, acid reflux, abdominal wall and groin hernias and lipomas. He also performs upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy, and ERCP (endoscopic removal of gallstones).
- MB ChB (Hons), June 2004. Birmingham University
- MRCS (Eng). November 2006
- Doctorate of Medicine (Hons), June 2013. Cranfield University
- FRCS (Eng). June 2015
- Multivisceral resection for retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Major venous resection and reconstruction for retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Abdominal wall resection for soft tissue sarcoma
- Surgery for adrenal tumours
- Benign upper GI surgery and general surgery including laparoscopic (key hole) hernia repairs, cholecystectomy and fundoplication.
- Therapeutic endoscopy including ERCP
- Member of the Transatlantic Retroperitoneal Sarcoma Working Group
- Member of the British Sarcoma Group
- Member of the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Surgical Tutor, European School of Soft Tissue Sarcoma Surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)