Dr Asante completed his Senior Registrar in Gastroenterology training at St George’s Hospital, London in 1999. He was awarded PhD(Med) by University of London in 1999 for research on the role of Helicobacter Pylori in gastro-intestinal diseases.
Dr Asante was appointed as Consultant Gastroenterologist in 1999 to the Princess Royal University Hospital, Bromley (part of Kings College Hospital, London).
Dr Asante has built up over 20 years’ experience in the management of simple and complex diseases in all aspects of gastroenterology. He sees most gastroenterology referrals for adults and adolescents. He is a Panel Member for international organisations providing second opinions in Gastroenterology
Dr Asante’s endoscopy expertise include diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy, colonoscopy, balloon enteroscopy, capsule endoscopy, wireless pH monitoring and ERCP.
Dr Asante is also keen teacher and still participate in clinical research.
Dr Maxwell Asante consults in all areas of general gastroenterology. He has a special interest in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of acid related disorders; alteration in bowel function eg irritable bowel syndrome and colitis; food related disorders and cancer diagnosis.
He sees most gastroenterology referrals for adults and adolescents but has a special interest in acid reflux; alteration in bowel function e.g. IBS and colitis; food related disorders, dysfunction of gastro-intestinal motility (e.g. POTS and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome).
Dr Asante offers diagnostic/ therapeutic endoscopy including colonoscopy, wireless oesophageal pH (Bravo) / manometry and ERCP. He is also offers small intestinal endoscopy (Balloon enteroscopy and Capsule Endoscopy). He has published and lectured widely in various areas of gastroenterology.
Dr Asante’s interests outside Medicine include - Photojournalism; Community developmental projects in African villages; and Developing/using technology to support village healthcare workers in Africa
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis)
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders (IBS)
- Disorders of gastrointestinal motility
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Neurogastroenterology (POTS and EDS)
- Digestive blood loss
- Diarrhoea & constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastroenterology (including adolescent (16years+) and elderly)
- Acid reflux
- Rectal bleeding
- Swallowing symptoms
- Digestive cancer
- Capsule endoscopy
- Balloon enteroscopy
- Oesophageal manometry
- Bravo & stretta
- Investigation and treatment of intestinal disease eg: indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, colitis and irritable bowel syndrome
- Investigation and treatment of acid related diseases eg: acid reflux and stomach ulcers
- Investigation and treatment of digestive blood loss eg: drug induced anaemia and cancers
- Investigation and treatment of liver diseases eg: jaundice, fatty liver, drug reactions and alcohol
Useful Links http://www.consultantgastroenterologist.co.uk/
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Medical Protection Society
- Hospital Consultant and Specialists Association
- Royal College of Physicians, London
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)