Dr Michael Neil
Consultant Pain Management Specialist
MBChB FRCA FFPMRCA
Practices at: BMI Kings Park Hospital
Dr Michael Neil graduated from the University of Aberdeen in 2001 before starting training in Anaesthetics in Glasgow. He has worked within Tayside since 2005 where he completed specialist training in Anaesthetics and advanced training in Pain Medicine. He was appointed Consultant in Anaesthetics and Pain Medicine in 2010 and Clinical Lead for the Acute Pain service at Ninewells Hospital.Dr Neil has extensive experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team assessing and managing a wide variety of acute and chronic pain problems. He regularly teach medical students, trainee Anaesthetists and trainees from other specialties and allied professions. He has lectured to trainees on national courses for exam preparation and at scientific meetings around the UK.
- Peripheral neuropathic pain
- Back pain
- Musculo-skeletal pain
- Myofascial pain
- Headache and migraine
- Chronic post-surgical pain
- Post-amputation pain
- Phantom limb pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome.
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar facet joint injections
- Sacro-iliac joint steroid injections
- Intravenous lidocaine infusions
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)