Dr Michael Picton
Consultant Renal Physician
MBChB, BSc, FRCP, PhD
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
He was appointed as Consultant Nephrologist at Manchester Royal Infirmary in 2002, and has been Clinical Director in Renal Medicine from 2009 to date.
Dr Picton is a contributor to British Transplantation Society Guidelines for Living Donor Kidney Transplantation and Antibody Incompatible Kidney Transplantation.
- Nephrology - all aspects, including investigation and assessment of proteinuria, haematuria and reduced GFR.
- Treatment of Nephrotic syndrome.
- Management of kidney disease in Diabetes Mellitus.
- Assessment and management of Chronic Kidney Disease, all stages.
- Hypertension, investigation and treatment.
- Kidney transplantation, living kidney donor assessment, recipient assessment, perioperative management, long-term care expertise.
- Renal Association
- British Transplant Society
- American Transplant Society
- American Society of Transplantation
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)