Mr Mike Thilagarajah
Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon
MBBS MSc FRCS (eng) FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
Mr Thilagarajah grew up in the local area and after qualifying in 1992 at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, spent the majority of his training in hospitals in London and Kent. His specialist Orthopaedic training was based at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital and the Kent rotation. He spent over two years at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in the Hip and Foot & Ankle units, the latter period working there as a Consultant, before taking up his present post at Darent Valley Hospital in 2005.
Mr Thilagarajah's special Interests are:-
- Hip and Knee replacement surgery including partial Unicompartmental Oxford knee replacements, and arthroscopic key hole surgery for the knee.
- Foot and Ankle surgery offering the most up to date treatments for toe deformity and pain including SCARF osteotomy, ankle arthroscopy and complex ankle surgery.
Mr Thilagarajah is the College Tutor in Orthopaedics at Darent Valley and is committed to maintaining high standards of surgical technique in the training of surgeons of the future.
Hip & knee replacement, foot & ankle surgery, trauma.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
Do you suffer from hip pain? We share specialist advice from Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mr Mike Thilagarajah from BMI The Blackheath Hospital. Mr Thilagarajah relays the possible causes of hip pain, common symptoms and trusted treatment options.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)