Mr Mohamed El-Ashry
MB CHB, MSc, MD, MRCOphth, FRCOphth, FRCS (Ed)
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
He completed his basic specialist training in the Midlands before completing his higher specialist training in Edinburgh. Mr El-Ashry had also been awarded the MD for research on genetics of ocular diseases. He had presented more than 34 paper/posters in various International and National conferences/meetings and published over 24 papers in peer reviewed journals.
Mr El-Ashry has completed advanced fellowships in surgical retina in Edinburgh and Sheffield and subsequently accomplished a surgical and medical retina fellowship in Hull. He worked as locum vitreoretinal consultant in Great Western Hospital before taking his permanent position in the trust in 2015.
- Routine, complex and high-risk cataract surgery as well as dealing with complicated cataract surgery
- Intraocular lens (IOL) replacement surgery and multifocal intraocular lens (IOL) replacement surgery for patients who wish to remove reliance on glasses post cataract surgery
- Retinal detachment
- Macular hole
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Vitreomacular traction
- Epiretinal membranes
- Penetrating ocular injuries
Medical retina disorders:
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy and retinal vein occlusion including Anti-VEGF treatments
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the British and Eire Association of Vitreo-retinal Surgeons
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)