Mr Mohammed Absar
Consultant Breast and Oncoplastic Surgeon
MBBS MS FRCS (Edin) FRCS (Gen Surgery)
Practices at: BMI The Highfield Hospital
Mr Absar also undertakes complex cosmetic surgery for asymmetry as well as breast augmentation and reduction.
Mr Absar completed his higher surgical training under the North Western Deanery from 2002 to 2008. He completed his FRCS in General Surgery in 2007. To further enhance his experience and oncoplastic skills he spent a year out at the Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.
Mr Absar then took a Consultant post at the North Manchester General Hospital. He has published a number of papers in journals and regularly presents at national and international conferences.
Since joining the Pennine Acute NHS Trust he has started the sentinel lymph node biopsy for axillary staging in early breast cancers. As a senior surgeon he has extensive experience of complicated cases as well as in management of non cancer cases including breast assymetry, cosmetic correction using implants and breast reduction and mastopexy.
He provides a breast service for both benign and malignant breast conditions including cosmetic and corrective breast surgery which include:
- Diagnostic service
- Surgery for benign and malignant breast conditions
- Breast reconstruction – expander and flap procedures
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation and symmetrisation procedure
- Any Breast condition - diagnosis and management
- Breast cancer - diagnosis and management
- Therapeutic mammoplasty and immediate and delayed reconstructions using expanders and lattisimus dorsi flap
- Lipofilling for correction of breast/chest wall deformity
- Breast assymetry corrective surgery
- Breast reduction for large breasts
- Breast augmentation, small breast and difficult cases requiring breast surgical expertise
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Association of Breast Surgeons of GB and Ireland
- British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)