Mr Ali Fazal
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Practices at: BMI Thornbury Hospital
Mr Fazal is on the specialist register as a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery. He graduated from Nishtar Medical College, Pakistan and became a Fellow of the Royal College Surgeons of England. He then completed a six year higher surgical training programme based at the University College Hospital, London and gained FRCS (Tr& Orth). Mr Fazal undertook Trauma fellowship in Switzerland and Foot/Ankle fellowship with Mr Llyod Williams in London. After completion of advanced training, initially worked as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Lower Limb reconstruction unit at University College Hospital, London and is currently working as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Royal Free Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London. Teaching is his passion. Mr Fazal is an examiner for Final Year MBBS at UCL Medical School, London, MRCS and FRCS (Tr&Orth) and contributes to the standard setting of the exam and question writing for the MRCS and FRCS(Orth) examinations.
He is actively engaged in research, has published numerous research papers in peer reviewed journals and has presented his work at national and international meetings His main research interest includes limb fractures in particular hip fractures, Diabetic foot, hallux valgus, hallux rigidus and hind foot deformities. Recent publications are
- Fragility hip fractures in the COVID-19 pandemic – a local experience in the United Kingdom. Jawaad Sheikh Saleem, Muhammad Ali Fazal. Int J Orthop Trauma Nurs. 2020 Aug 25:100817. https://doi.org/10/1016/j.ijotn.2020.100817.
- Seasonal variation in trauma admission to a level III trauma unit for 10 years. Hind,J, Lahart IM, Jayakumar N, Atthar S, Fazal MA, Ashwood N. Injury. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2020.07.014
- Volar Locking Plate: Age related outcomes and complications.
Fazal MA, Mitchell CD, Ashwood N. Journal of clinic Orthopaedics and Trauma. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2020.05.025
- Hydroxyapatite coated hip hemiarthroplasty: Morbidity and mortality.
Fazal MA, Shah S, Subramanian P. Journal of clinic Orthopaedics and Trauma.
- First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis Using an Intraosseous Post and Lag screw With Immediate bearing of weight.
Patel S, Garg,P, Fazal MA, Pinak RS
J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019 Nov;58(6):1091-1094.
- Day case trauma list: a safe and cost-effective service delivery.
Athar MS, Fazal MA, Ashwood N, Arealis G, Buchanan D, Okoth FH.
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2019 Sep;101(7):519-521.
doi: 10.1308/rcsann.2019.0058. Epub 2019 Jun 3.
- First metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis with two orthogonal two hole plates.
Fazal MA, Wong JH, Rahman L. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2018
- A Comparison of Two Designs of Postoperative Shoe on Function, Satisfaction, and Back Pain After Hallux Valgus Surgery.
Patel S, Garg P, Fazal MA, Shahid MS, Park DH, Ray PS.
Foot & Ankle Specialist. 2018 Jun 1:1938640018782608.
He offers following procedures;
- Bunion Surgery
- Big toe arthritis surgery
- Big toe joint replacement
- Curly toes
- Hammer toes
- Claw toes
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Rheumatoid arthritis foot and ankle disorders
- Foot and ankle sports injuries
- Ankle arthritis
- Midfoot arthritis
- Ankle Key hole surgery
- Ankle ligament reconstruction surgery
- Achilles tendon pain and rupture
- Peroneal tendon pain
- Heel pain
- Anterior and posterior ankle impingement
- Flat foot surgery
- Ingrowing toe nail
- PRP injections
- Total hip replacements
- Total Knee replacements.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Foot and Ankle Society
- European foot and Ankle Society
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)