Dr Almusawy spent a number of years working and training in multiple hospitals around the UK to build on his knowledge and professional experience. He has held Haematology posts at Manchester Royal Infirmary, University College of London Hospitals (UCLH), Hammersmith Hospital in London and at Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre.
In January 2015 Dr Almusawy began working as a Consultant in Haematology at Bedford Hospital where he is now the Lead Consultant for the haematology services. Furthermore he acts as Chair of the Haemostasis and Thrombosis committee and is the Lead of the anti-coagulation clinic and MDT meetings with Addenbrook Hospital. He is also Principal Investigator on two national and international research projects and in July 2019 was awarded the prestigious award for Clinical Excellence
Dr Almusawy has experience in all aspects of malignant and non-malignant haematology which include but are not limited to: myeloma, lymphoma, all types of leukaemia, MPN diseases, red cell disorders, all kinds of Venus thromboembolism (VTE) and their management including new anticoagulant drugs. He is very considered in his approach to providing care and treatment for his patients and will always work in a way that maintains utmost dignity, confidentiality and quality care.
Outside of his Consultancy work Dr Almusawy is a keen table tennis player and in previous years has won many championship level competitions in the sport. Due to other commitments he now continues to enjoy it just as a hobby in his spare time
- Diagnosis and treatment all blood diseases
- All types of anaemia
- Red blood cell disorders
- All types of blood and bone marrow cancers
- Clot disorders
- Member of the Royal College of Pathologists
- British Society for Haematology (BSH)
- The European Haematology Association (EHA)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Consultant Haematologist at Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Chairman for Haemostasis and Thrombosis Committee at Bedford Hospital NHS Trust.
- Undergraduate Clinical Supervisor of year 6 Cambridge Medical Students.
- Lead Consultant Haematologist at Bedford Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Almusawy is Principal Investigator of two research projects, one national and the other international:
- Research project into UK adult ITP (immune thrombocytopenia) - a condition where-by your antibodies attack your platelets instead of infections.
- InternationalETNA – VTE :The ETNA-VTE study on Edoxaban treatment in routine clinical practice in patients with Venous Thromboembolism, sponsored by Daiichi Sankyo.
- research project carried out at UCLH which looks at Vitamin D role and hepatic dysfunction in Thalassaemia patients.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)