Mr Muneer Otri
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MD, MSc, FRCS (Ophth), FRCOphth, PhD
Practices at: BMI The Meriden Hospital
Mr Otri completed his basic Ophthalmology training at Damascus University Hospital in Syria. Following this he came to the UK in 2007 and completed his PhD degree and clinical research fellowship in cornea and anterior segment at Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham in 2011. Mr Otri went on to then complete another honorary fellowship in Oculoplastic and Orbital surgery at Birmingham Eye Centre. Following this he joined the Ophthalmology department at University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire as a Specialty Doctor (with special interest in Glaucoma and Cataract) in 2013.
Mr Otri undertook the prestigious Queens Medical Centre glaucoma fellowship training in Nottingham in 2019. This included extensive experience in modern surgical and laser techniques in addition to exposure to full range of complex pathologies. After which, he was appointed as a Glaucoma Consultant at University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire in 2020. He is now an expert in modern day glaucoma treatments (including LASER treatment, Trabeculectomy surgery, Tube surgery and minimally invasive Glaucoma surgery- MIGS). He is also an expert in routine and complex Cataract surgery and has carried out thousands of Cataract procedures. As an NHS consultant, he participates in running a tertiary centre of excellence in the treatment of complex glaucoma using aqueous-shunt surgery. He endeavours to provide the highest quality Ophthalmic care, tailoring specific treatment options to the individual needs of his patients.
Mr Otri has 27 publications in peer-reviewed journals
You can find out more about Mr Otri at www.muneerotri.com.
- Complex and routine Cataract surgery
- Modern Cataract surgery with Microincision and sutureless techniques.
- Clinical assessment and treatment of routine and complex Glaucoma cases
- LASER treatment for Glaucoma and post after Cataract surgery
- Modern Surgical treatment for Glaucoma cases, including Trabeculectomy, Tube shunt surgery and Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery)
- Dry eyes
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists- London
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Eire Society for Glaucoma
- Midlands Glaucoma Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)