Muzzammil Nusrath is a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon with a practice focussed on Oral/Head & Neck cancers. He has extensive experience in ablation and complex reconstruction of head & neck cancers, using the latest techniques and technologies to give the best long-term survival coupled with good functional outcomes.
He is doubly qualified in medicine & dentistry and works as a Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon/Head & Neck Oncology surgeon at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals & is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Sheffield.
He has held the positions of MDT Lead for Head & Neck cancer for South Yorkshire, North Derbyshire. Chair of the Cancer Alliance Head & Neck, NHS England and is the current Training Programme Director in Sheffield.
He is also an Advisor & Examiner to the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow and has an honorary appointment as a professor in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Training & Background
After completing his Bachelors in Dentistry (BDS) from Government Dental College, Bangalore and Masters in Dentistry (MDS) from Ahmedabad in India, He pursued medicine (MBChB) at Leicester and completed his basic surgical training in East Midlands.
After completing his specialist training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from the North East, he was awarded travelling fellowships to visit and train at the Plastic Surgery Unit of Singapore General Hospital, Singapore and the head & neck unit at the world renowned MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Texas, USA. In addition, he completed a sought-after advanced head neck fellowship. He has trained in many countries spanning 3 continents.
He has extensive experience in oral and facial cancer, facial reconstruction, trauma, salivary gland disease and minor oral surgery,
He is an invited speaker and a trainer in many countries around the world and has been the recipient of many prestigious awards & prizes.
Professor Nusrath says “he aims to provide the highest standards of patient centred care”. Private personal & individualised service with a bespoke 30-minute consultation time will enable all patient’s concerns to be addressed. Reassurance, personalised care along with convenience are the key goals of the service.
Prof Nusrath has published in peer reviewed journals, is an editor of multiple peer reviewed journals and is regularly invited internationally as a guest speaker for oral/head neck cancer & reconstruction.
He has an active interest in research of ameloblastoma, microvascular free flap reconstruction, 3D custom-made reconstruction and oral cancer/precancer.
Teaching & Training
As Training Programme Director in Sheffield & Advisor at the Royal College he is keen to pass on the torch to his junior colleagues and has been an educational supervisor and trainer to multiple trainees over the years.
To this end he is active in training the next generation of surgeons, medical & dental students, trainee surgeons regularly attend clinics and theatres at Sheffield.
He has been a director of many international/national/regional courses both in the UK and abroad. In addition, he is an examiner to the Royal College.
Scope Of Practice
- Facial lumps - moles, sebaceous cysts, scar revision, basal cell carcinomas and squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck
- Oral ulcers/lumps/precancers
- Dento-alveolar surgery and oral soft tissue surgery - wisdom teeth/impacted teeth/surgical dental extractions
- Jaw cysts and tumours - surgical treatment
- Major head and neck cancer surgery including microvascular/free flap reconstruction
- Salivary gland surgery - parotid gland, submandibular, sublingual and minor oral salivary gland tumours/benign and malignant surgery
- Facial trauma, soft tissue and bone injury - fractures of the facial skeleton
- Craniofacial implants
- Second opinions for oral and facial cancer
- Oral/Facial/Head & Neck Cancer diagnosis/ surgical treatment
- Pedicled and free flap reconstruction of the head & neck for cancer defects
- Jaw cysts, tumours (Ameloblastoma) of the jaws & Dentoalveolar surgery
- Salivary Gland disease/removal
- Facial Trauma and fractures of the facial skeleton
- Robotic Tongue base/Tonsil surgery (for early cancers)
- Coleman fat transfer to rejuvenate the face
- Face Lift/Neck Lift
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- General Medical Council
- General Dental Council
- Bangladesh Oral Cancer Society (Honorary)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)