Mr Myrddin Rees
MB, BS, MS, FRCS, FRCSEd
Practices at: BMI The Hampshire Clinic
Myrddin (Merv) Rees came to Basingstoke as a consultant surgeon in l986. In 1987 he performed his first liver resection in Basingstoke, in what has become one of the largest series of colorectal liver metastases in the world.
He has a particular interest in hepatic anatomy relevant to surgeons, use of video in surgical teaching and evolving techniques for expanding the indications for resection of hepatic malignancy. He has written papers and lectured worldwide on these topics. He is a regular reviewer for several medical publications.
- Bile Duct Injuries
- Abdominal Pain
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- All Hernia Surgery
- Varicose Veins
- Skin and Sub-cutaneous Lesions
- Liver Cancer – primary and secondary
- Benign Liver Tumours and Cysts
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh ad hominem
- Member of the International HPB Association
- Past-President of the Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Past-President of the Royal Society of Medicine Section of Surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)