Dr NS Mytheen completed his National Specialist Registrar training in Clinical Neurophysiology from Sheffield teaching Hospitals in 2002 with attachments at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in London.
He has been a Consultant in the specialty since 2002.
The diagnosis of the conditions included in this page is carried out using clinical examination and tests using specialised computer aided equipments.
Dr Mytheen is the clinical lead at the Clinical Neurophysiology Department at City Hospital (Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust) which is one of the largest provider of Neurophysiology services in the West Midlands receiving referrals from a large number of hospitals and GP surgeries.
He is the Chair of West Midlands Speciality Training Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology and Member of Specialist Advisory Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology at the Royal College of Physicians, London.
Dr Mytheen’s special interests are given at the top of the page. The clinical work includes Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, other entrapment (trapping) nerve problems, peripheral neuropathies, muscle disorders like myopathy muscular dystrophy, nerve injuries.
He also provides EEG investigation of epilepsy and other selected brain disorders and offers full reports for both routine and non-routine Electroencephalographs (EEGs) and Evoked Potential Studies ( EPs).
Dr Mytheen’s research interests are in quantitative EMG studies. He regularly gives lectures in local and regional, meetings/teaching programmes on many topics in Clinical Neurophysiology.
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and entrapment neuropathies
- Neuromuscular Electrophysiological studies
- EEG (Electroencephalography)
- Epilepsy in Adults, diagnosis and treatment
- Chair of West Midlands Speciality Training Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Member of Specialist Advisory Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology at the Royal College of Physicians.
- British Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)