Mr Naveed Kara
Consultant ENT Surgeon
MBChB, DOHNS, FRCS(ORL-HNS), MClinRes
Practices at: BMI Woodlands Hospital
Mr Kara graduated from the University of Aberdeen and undertook his further ENT training across Scotland and the North East of England, prior to taking up a permanent Consultant post at County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.
He is the Departmental Lead for Rhinology, dealing with complex sinus surgery, nasal polyps, allergy, nasal blockage/deformity due to trauma and deviated nasal septums. He also conducts dedicated Paediatric clinics, focusing predominantly on common childhood problems such as hearing loss, tonsillitis and obstructive breathing (OSA).
He is a regular faculty member on National Courses in Septorhinoplasty/Facial Plastics and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, and is the joint founder of a charity which provides National ENT Training to junior doctors and nurses. He is an Educational supervisor for ENT trainees and teaches on regional junior doctor surgical training days, regularly supervising trainees, medical students and work experience students in his routine NHS practice.
Mr Kara has a keen interest in Research and is the Research Lead for his Department and the Surgical Care Group. He is a Principal Investigator on several collaborative National Clinical Trials and also a co-applicant on a large £1m National Grant Award. He continues to publish research outcomes regularly in peer-reviewed journals.
As the departmental Clinical Governance Lead, Mr Kara maintains a strong focus on patient safety. He is a firm believer that this can only be achieved through open and honest communication with patients. He ensures that patients understand their condition and the proposed treatment options available to them; and finds that patients who are better informed throughout the process tend to experience better surgical outcomes.
Mr Kara offers private clinic consultations for children, and if surgery is proposed, then he will carry this out at his local NHS Hospital.
- General adult and paediatric ENT conditions
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) and nasal polypectomy
- Septorhinoplasty & Rhinoplasty (nose-reshaping surgery)
- Nasal blockage, deformity and sinus disease
- Tonsillectomy (for tonsillitis, tonsil stones or sleep apnoea)
- Balloon Eustachian Tuboplasty
- Hearing loss
- Snoring and sleep disturbance
- Voice problems and throat disorders
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- British Rhinological Society (BRS)
- European Rhinological Society (ERS)
- British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (BSFPS)
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngology (BAPO)
- British Academy of Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery (BAOHNS)
- British Otorhinolaryngology & Allied Sciences Research Society (BOARS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- County Durham & Darlington
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)