Dr Neil Collighan
Consultant Anaesthetist & Pain Specialist
MBChB FRCA FFPMRCA
Practices at: BMI The Chaucer Hospital
Dr Collighan graduated from Edinburgh University Medical School in 1996. He has spent the last 13 years undergoing training and research in anaesthesia, intensive care and chronic pain management.
Higher specialist training in pain management was undertaken in the Yorkshire School of Anaesthesia. In July 2009 he was appointed as a consultant for the East Kent University NHS Foundation Trust in anaesthesia, intensive care and chronic pain management. Dr Collighan’s current commitments are spread between the QEQM hospital, Margate and the Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Canterbury.
Dr Collighan has been trained in the more complex interventional procedures including spinal cord stimulation, intrathecal drug delivery devices and intradiscal therapies. He believes that all pain management strategies should be a combined medical, interventional and psychological approach to ensure optimum results and patient well-being.
Other treatments offered can include
- Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar/Caudal epidurals under X ray guidance
- Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar/Sacral nerve root blocks
- Guanethedine blocks
- Paravertebral blocks
- Cervical,Thoracic and Lumbar facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Radiofrequency denervation of Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar facet joints and sacroiliac joints
- Lumbar sympathectomy
- Pulsed Radiofrequency of a dorsal root ganglion
- Joint injections under X ray guidance
- Occipital nerve blocks
The management of pain using a combined approach of medical, psychological and interventional methods.
- British Pain Society
- The Royal College of Anaesthetists
- The Association of Anaesthetists
- British Medical Association
- The International Association for the Study of Pain
- The Neuromodulation Society of the United Kingdom and Ireland
- The European Society of Regional Anaesthesia (and Pain Therapy)
- World Institute of Pain
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)