Mr Niral Karia
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MBBS, BSc., FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI Southend Private Hospital
As a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon working in the U.K. I am fully registered with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register.
Having undergone comprehensive higher surgical training in my Specialty both in the U.K. and abroad I have pride in being able to provide the highest level of care, advice and treatment for my patients. In addition I have extensive subspecialty training in the medical and surgical management of vitreous, retinal, and macular disorders.
I manage and treat all types of eye disorders that require both medical and surgical care providing a general ophthalmic (including cataract and glaucoma) service and a specialist service in all aspects of retinal and macular disease.
I continuously refresh and update my knowledge and skills ensuring that my patients benefit from the most up to date treatments available.
- Modern Cataract Surgery
- Lens Replacement Surgery using premium multifocal lens implants
- Vitreo-Retinal and Macular Surgery
- Management of Macular Degeneration
- Glaucoma Management and surgery
- Care of eye problems related to Diabetes
- Surgery for in turning (entropion)
- Out turning (ectropion) or droopy (ptosis) eyelids
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Association of Vitreoretinal surgeons
- European Retina Specialists
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)