Miss Gauthaman is a substantive NHS consultant in Obstetrics and Urogynecology since 2015. She has a comprehensive background in general Obstetrics and Gynaecology in India and in the UK. She has special interests in Urogynaecology and pelvic floor dysfunction. And offers a full range of Urogynaecology services including surgery for incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, diagnostic modalities such as cystometry, ambulatory urodynamics and videourodynamics.
She is actively involved in clinical research with peer reviewed publications and and has presented and chaired in national and international meetings. She is up-to-date with information technology, mandatory training and fully involved in clinical governance to aid in the improvement of clinical practice and patient safety. She has been appraised on a yearly basis since her CCT which she obtained in 2012. Miss Gauthaman is up to date with GMC revalidation.
Assessments, investigations, symptoms:
- Bladder instillation/treatment for painful bladder: Bladder instillation is a combination drug therapy to help painful bladder or cystitis type symptoms including frequency, urgency, burning pain or stinging sensations when passing urine.
- Cystoscopy and urodynamic
- Hysteroscopy: Hysteroscopy is a procedure that allows your doctor to look inside your uterus in order to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Open/laparoscopic surgery including hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse repair
- Anterior /Posterior vaginal repair for prolapse: Anterior and posterior repair are minimally invasive procedures used to correct pelvic organs that have dropped out of their normal positions