Miss Nung Rudarakanchana
Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon
MB BChir, MA (Hons) (Cantab), PhD (Cantab), FRCS (Eng) (Gen Surg)
Practices at: BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
Miss Rudarakanchana was appointed at London North West University Hospitals in 2019. Her clinical interests include aortic aneurysm and dissection, peripheral arterial disease and diabetic foot management (including complex wound management), carotid artery disease and TIAs/stroke, venous disease (including varicose veins, pelvic congestion and post-thrombotic limb), lymphoedema, thoracic outlet syndrome and women’s cardiovascular risk management. She undertakes both open and endovascular procedures, including complex endovascular aortic repair and lower limb angioplasty.
Born and raised in Oxford, Miss Rudarakanchana qualified first in her class from the Cambridge University MB PhD programme in 2004 and was awarded the prestigious Lewin Prize in Surgery. She won numerous scholarships and fellowships during her PhD research in vascular cell biology, including the British Federation of Women Graduates Spurgeon Scholarship and the Magdalene College Donaldson Bye-Fellowship. She gained specialist training in open and endovascular repair of complex aortic disease at St Mary’s Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital and completed an Advanced Endovascular Fellowship in lower limb arterial disease and diabetic foot management at St Thomas’ Hospital.
Miss Rudarakanchana was appointed as a NIHR Clinical Lecturer in 2011 at Imperial College, where her research interests included endovascular skills training using immersive virtual reality simulation, optimization of endovascular surgery through procedure rehearsal, the use of cerebral embolic protection devices during endovascular aortic repair, and the metabonomics of aortic disease. She is currently investigating the use of personalised nutrigenomics to reduce cardiovascular risk. She has published extensively in the field and is regularly invited to lecture at prestigious international conferences. She is an invited reviewer for the British Journal of Surgery and the European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Her research has generated half a million pounds in grants and won prizes in the UK, Europe and the USA.
Miss Rudarakanchana is a trained educational supervisor and has supervised BSc and PhD degrees. She has designed and delivered courses in endovascular skill training in the UK and USA. She is the Vascular Lead for the NHS London Diabetic Foot Network and holds a Masters in Healthcare Finance and Management.
- Varicose veins, spider, thread and reticular veins, superficial venous insufficiency (Endovenous laser ablation (EVLA), endovenous radiofrequency ablation (VNUS), glue (VenaSeal), sclerotherapy)
- Deep venous thrombosis, post-thrombotic syndrome, deep venous insufficiency, May Thurner syndrome (Venoplasty and vascular stents)
- Pelvic congestion syndrome (Pelvic vein embolisation)
- Peripheral vascular disease (Angioplasty, vascular stents, lower limb vascular bypass)
- Aortic aneurysm and dissection (Endovascular aortic repair, open aortic surgery)
- Diabetic foot management including complex wound management
- Carotid artery disease and vascular TIAs or stroke (Carotid endarterectomy)
- Vascular risk management
- Vascular access
- Foot ulcers, leg ulcers, venous ulcers, leg swelling
- Renal and intestinal vascular disease
- Vasospastic disorder, Raynaud’s syndrome
- Cervical rib, thoracic outlet syndrome
- Arteriovenous malformation AVM
- General Medical Council
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)