Mr Oscar Garcia-Casas is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon, focussing on management of adult spinal pathology including the assessment, non-operative and operative management of spinal conditions.
Mr. Oscar Garcia-Casas graduated from the Universitat Central de Barcelona UB, Spain. His surgical training was undertaken in Barcelona at the Hospitals del Mar i l’Esperança UAB and he qualified as a Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon in 2004. Throughout his training he has had focused his interest in spinal surgery. He tailored his rotation towards spinal pathologies with 5 years of intense mentoring by Profesor Enric Cáceres-Palou, former President of the European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT). He completed a spine surgery fellowship at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU, Bordeaux.
Oscar specialised for 6 years as a consultant in lumbar and cervical degenerative and trauma surgery when, in 2010, he was appointed as a spinal Consultant at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau UAB in Barcelona. He continued to develop his skills to the highest standard including tumour spinal surgery. In 2014, he was appointed as a Consultant spinal surgeon at Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trust.
Oscar moved to the United Kingdom as he believes this will give him increased opportunity towards patient care. This is reflected in his clinical practice by showing excellent clinical outcomes and patient experience.
- Back surgery: management of lumbar and cervical stenosis and disc herniations.
- Cervical spondylotic myelopathy and degenerative spinal stenosis
- Spinal trauma & vertebral fractures.
- Infection of the spine.
- Spinal injections
Special clinical interests
- Infection of the spine
- Management of lumbar and cervical disc herniations
- Cervical spondylotic myelopathy
- Management of degenerative lumbar and cervical spinal stenosis
- Spinal trauma and vertebral fractures, osteoporotic vertebral fractures
- British Association Spine Surgeons
- AO Spine
- British Medical Association
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
- Medical and Dental Staff Governor
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)