He qualified from the University of Pecs Medical School in Pecs, Hungary then completed his postgraduate specialist training in trauma and orthopaedics in the East of England (Cambridge) rotation. Following this he undertook the prestigious Calvert Shoulder fellowship in London and two years of subspecialist fellowship training (in France: Lyon and Toulouse; and then in Sheffield, UK). In addition to his year-long fellowship in France, he has also visited several other leading shoulder and elbow surgeons in Europe (18 surgeons across 6 countries).
Mr Domos provides general trauma and full comprehensive shoulder and elbow services for degenerative disorders, sport injuries and complex trauma. His specialist interests are in shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, open joint reconstruction and joint replacement.
In recognition of his clinical and research contributions he was elected as a Member of the Committee of the prestigiousEuropean Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow, alongside world-renowned surgeons. He is an active British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS), British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) and European Society for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (SECEC/ESSSE) member. He was awarded the winner of the BESS Travelling Fellowship 2014, as well as the Paul Calvert Research Paper Prize, the ISAKOS Upper Limb Travelling Fellowship 2016 and several other international and national awards.
Mr Domos is a keen teacher and trainer of GPs, physiotherapists, junior doctors and orthopaedic trainees. He is one of the course convenor of the ORUK London Shoulder and Elbow FRCS(Orth) course. He is also a member of the Watanabe Club, which is a group of shoulder surgeons with unified interest in sharing experiences and techniques to the next generation. He is consistently involved in research (which has led to an MD degree), with several publications in peer-review journals, book chapters and annual presentations at various scientific meetings. To maintain his professional development, he regularly attends and teaches (as Faculty member) at national and international courses, to keep his knowledge and skills up-to-date.
He also works within a group structure at Total Orthopaedics, that exists to provide a multi-speciality service with the benefits of collaborative and innovative working.
He loves spending time with his young family. He also enjoys travelling, and he is passionate about motorsports, especially car racing and Formula 1.
All aspects of shoulder and elbow surgery including full comprehensive shoulder and elbow services for degenerative disorders, sport injuries and complex trauma. His specialist interests are in shoulder and elbow arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), open joint reconstruction and joint replacement:
- Elective shoulder arthroplasty/replacement (resurfacing, hemiarthroplasty, anatomic or reverse total arthroplasty +/-tendon transfer)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder stabilisation (labral repair, Latarjet or bone block procedure)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) cuff repair +/-patch augmentation or bridging, superior capsular reconstruction for massive tears
- Shoulder arthroscopic (keyhole) procedures (decompression, AC-joint resection, debridement, biceps tenotomy or tenodesis, removal of calcific deposit)
- Open/arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder capsular release
- Shoulder MUA or EUA
- Elbow osteocapsular release, debridement and OK procedure
- Elbow MUA or EUA
- Tennis or Golfers elbow release
- Ulna nerve release or PIN nerve release
- Fracture or non-union fixations (clavicle, shoulder, humerus, elbow, forearm)
- Elbow stabilisation with ligament repair or reconstruction +/-radial head arthroplasty/replacement
- AC-Joint stabilisation with repair or reconstruction
- Shoulder fracture arthroplasty/replacement (Hemiarthroplasty or Reverse Arthroplasty)
- Pectoralis major tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- Distal or proximal biceps tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- Triceps tendon rupture repair or reconstruction
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (ESSSE/SECEC)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and England (FRCS)
- British Orthopaedic Association and British Orthopaedic Trainee Association (BOA, BOTA)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust (Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)