Dr Peter Glennon
MB ChB (Hons), MD, FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Meriden Hospital
Since being appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire in 2001, Dr Glennon has become Director of UHCW Cardiology Training Programme, which was commended by external review 2013 and has been the Cardiology Lead Clinician since 2004.
Dr Glennon believes in working in an effective team to provide excellent patient care and patient experience. He strives to deliver the best care for his patients and has been the lead in numerous service innovations. This includes:
- Introduction of the same day discharge for patients with coronary stenting.
- Introduction of a technique for septal myocardial ablation to treat hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Deployment of the first drug eluting stent in the West Midlands.
- Developing a day case transfer system to expedite timeliness of cardiac catheterisation for urgent patients referred by other hospitals.
- Being the first to undertake cardiac catheterisation via the radial (wrist) artery in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Dr Glennon provides a full private service at BMI The Meriden Hospital for patients suffering with angina, heart failure or cardiomyopathy (diseases of the heart muscle). This includes access to a cardiology diagnostics service and utilisation of some of the latest technology for cardiac catheterisation to improve patient outcomes.
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Cardiac catheterisation
- Coronary stenting
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- British Cardiac Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Royal College of Physicians of London
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)