Dr Peter Hanson
MA MD FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
In 1990 he was awarded a Doctorate by Cambridge University for pioneering research on infection control, hepatitis and HIV, funded by awards from the Department of Health and the Medical Research Council. He has presented his work at many international meetings and published widely in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters and editorials.
During his Consultant career, Dr Hanson has held many positions of responsibility including:
- Member of Council of the Royal College of Physicians
- Director of Research and Development, GWH
- Chairman, Swindon Research Ethics Committee
- Clinical Lead for Upper GI Cancer
- Clinical Lead for Endoscopy
- Governor, GWH NHS Trust
- Associate Professor and Director of Medical Education, St George’s International School of Medicine
- Associate Academy Dean, Swindon Medical Academy
- Tutor and Hon Senior Clinical Lecturer, Oxford University
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians.
He has also supervised doctors in training, in all areas of upper and lower GI endoscopy and introduced the video capsule endoscopy service to BMI The Ridgeway Hospital.
His interests include, inter alia, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and functional gastro-intestinal disorders, infective and post-infective disorders, dyspepsia and coeliac disease
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the British Society of Gastroenterology
- Hon Senior Clinical Lecturer, Oxford University
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)