Mrs Pratibha Arya
MD, FRCOG, DFFP
Practices at: BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
She has been awarded multiple clinical excellence awards (CEA level 5) demonstrating her commitment and passion for the specialty.
Mrs. Arya is the lead for Ambulatory Gynaecology services for Worcester Acute NHS trust, providing “One Stop OPH” for postmenopausal bleeding at the Women’s Health Unit at Alexandra Hospital, Redditch. She has specialized in Ambulatory Gynaecology and has completed Special Skill Modules (SSM) in Advanced Hysteroscopy from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She has been providing procedures such as hysteroscopy (camera test), removal of polyps, ablation (“burning” the lining of the womb to treat heavy periods), Mirena coil insertion and removal of small fibroids with Myosure in an outpatient setting under local anesthetic. She is keen to provide as many procedures as possible under local anaesthetic to reduce the risks associated with a general anaesthetic.
She offers a wide range of general gynaecology services including management of menstrual disorders, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, genital prolapse, menopause, contraception and provides rapid access for screening of suspected gynaecological cancers
She has been extremely interested in Medical Education and has been a RCOG College Tutor at Worcestershire NHS Trust since 2016.
- Menstrual disorders
- Ambulatory Gynaecology: Hysteroscopic surgery under general and Local aesthetic
- Management of Fibroid: resection and hysterectomy
- Management of Endometriosis
- Laparoscopy for ovarian cysts
- Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Outpatient hysteroscopic procedures
- Perineal refashioning
- Vulvar pathology
- Anterior and posterior vaginal repair
- Prolapse surgery including vaginal Hysterectomy
- Contraception/ sterilization
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Birmingham and Midlands Obstetric and Gynaecological Society
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Fellow of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)