In 2005, he founded the Chiltern Hills Heart Clinic to provide a high quality private outpatient clinic based at the BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden. Dr Ramrakha offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic investigations and treatments for acute and chronic heart conditions; these include echocardiography, ambulatory ECG monitors (short and long term), blood pressure monitoring, coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty, internal cardioversion, pacemakers (single and dual chamber, CRT), ASD and PFO closures, Left Atrial Appendage closure (LAA) for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation, Renal Denervation for resistant hypertension.
Dr Ramrakha attended Cambridge and Oxford Universities. His training in General Medicine was at Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, St Thomas’s Hospital and National Hospital Queen Square in London before training in cardiology at Hammersmith Hospital, Charring Cross Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital, London. He became a Consultant Cardiologist at Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust in 2002.
He received several university awards and has an ongoing interest in medical education, publishing several medical textbooks including the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine. His clinical research interests include cardiac rehabilitation and proteomics to develop biomarkers to identify individuals at high risk of cardiac disease.
- Coronary artery disease, particularly in patients with diabetes and the elderly
- Interventional cardiology – Coronary Angiogram and Angioplasty
- Heart failure investigation and modern management including resynchronization
- Hypertension and its modern management
- Arrhythmias investigation and management
- Stoke investigation and prevention
- Closure of holes in the heart, Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO), using keyhole surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiac Intervention Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)