Mr Rafid Al-Mahfoudh
Consultant Neurosurgeon and Complex Spine Surgeon
MBChB, European certificate in Neurosurgery, FRCS (SN)
Practices at: BMI Goring Hall Hospital
Mr Al-Mahfoudh takes a patient-centred approach to care, always thinking of these 3 principles when reviewing patients:
• Making decisions with patients, not for them
• Offering care that reflects their wishes and values
• Focus on treating the patient as a whole, not just their MRI result
He is experienced in treating the full spectrum of spinal disorders from minimally invasive techniques to deformity surgery. He has a specialist interest in degenerative spine disorders, spine tumours, pituitary tumours, endoscopic neurosurgical techniques and neuromodulation (Spine Cord Stimulation). In addition to experience in general neurosurgical practice including neurooncology, trauma, hydrocephalus and neurooncology. He is trained in stereotactic radiotherapy techniques including cyberknife treatment.
Dr Al-Mahfoudh is active academically with over 40 articles in peer reviewed journals. He is member of the British association of Spine Surgeons, Society of British Neurological Surgeons, North American Spine Society (NASS) and European Association of Neurological Surgeons. He is a medical officer for the British Boxing Board of Control.
- Spine surgery
- Sciatica and low back pain
- Cervical spine disorders
- Spine tumours
- Brain tumours
- Minimally invasive (key hole) spine and brain surgery
- Carpal tunnel / ulnar nerve decompression
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- The United Kingdom Spine Societies Board
- AO Spine member
- European Association of Neurosurgery
- EANS rep for British Neurosurgery Training Association 2012-2014
- Medical Officer for the British Boxing Board of Control
- Honorary Lecturer – University of Liverpool
- Peer reviewer – British Journal of Neurosurgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)