Mr Rajab Kerwat is a Consultant General, Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgeon at South London Healthcare NHS Trust and BMI The Blackheath Hospital, Blackheath.
He qualified from Tripoli University Medical School, Libya 1988. He underwent higher surgical training in London, Cardiff and Tokyo before being appointed Consultant Laparoscopic and Upper GI Surgeon in 2001. He is an Honorary Upper GI surgeon at St Thomas' hospital, London.
Mr Kerwat is an advanced laparoscopic surgeon performing many complex keyhole surgical procedures like, anti-reflux, complex hiatus hernia surgery and laparoscopic colorectal surgery. He also has a vast experience in the subject of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and has published several articles on the topic. He uniquely combines laparoscopic / keyhole and endoscopic / ERCP skills in the management of complicated gall bladder and bile duct stones and pancreatitis.
Mr Kerwat is a recognised trainer in general and laparoscopic surgery and is a surgical tutor at The Royal College of Surgeons core surgical training programme.
Mr Kerwat works to provide his patients with the highest quality of care. This includes adopting a continuous development profile which involves regular update and development of his academic and technical skills.
- Laparoscopic Keyhole Upper GI surgery including Gall bladder biliary surgery, Gastro-Oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal and pelvis hernia surgery including abdominal wall reconstruction surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic bowel surgery including appendicectomy, Colectomy for benign and malignant disease and stoma reversal surgery.
- Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy, OGD, Gastroscopy, colonoscopy sigmoidoscopy and ERCP (Camera examination of liver and pancreas)
- General paediatric Surgery including inguinal, umbilical hernia and circumcision
- The Royal College of Surgeon of England and Edinburgh.
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society.
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders