Mr Reza Moosavi
Consultant in Ophthalmology
BSc MBBS MRCOphth FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
He graduated from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in London and completed the South Thames surgical training programme in ophthalmology, during which time he worked as the Medical Eye Unit Registrar at St.Thomas’ Hospital, and the neuro-ophthalmology fellow at National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Queen Square. He combined his clinical training with academic research at the Glaucoma Research Unit at Moorfields Eye Hospital, and The Institute of Ophthalmology, where he worked on the development of the Moorfields Motion Displacement Test (MDT), a computer-based visual field test measuring motion sensitivity.
Following his core ophthalmic training, he completed two advanced subspecialty fellowships where he gained expertise in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma, and complex cataract surgery. He has worked as an associate college tutor, and his current role includes responsibility for teaching, training and the ongoing assessment of medical, nursing and allied health professional staff within his NHS service. He has published extensively in peer reviewed journals and presented his work at numerous national and international meetings
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- United Kingdom and Eire Glaucoma Society
- Cataract assessment and surgery (complex including premium lenses)
- YAG laser posterior capsulotomy
- Glaucoma diagnosis and medical management
- Glaucoma surgery (trabeculectomy, surgical bleb needling and bleb revision)
- Glaucoma laser (argon, selective, and micropulse laser trabeculoplasty, peripheral iridoplasty, YAG laser peripheral iridotomy, regular and micropulse cyclodiode)
- Eyelid cyst removal
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)