Mr Riccardo Bonomi
Consultant Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeon
MD, FRCS, FEBS, RCS Certified Breast Cosmetic Surgeon
Practices at: BMI Goring Hall Hospital
Mr Bonomi is the Lead Clinician for Western Sussex Hospital Foundation Trust Worthing Hospital. He has been trained in General Surgery with interest in Oncology Surgery in Italy, achieving the equivalent CCST in 2000 at the University of Insubria.
Mr Bonomi moved to the UK to join the Royal Marsden in Sutton, practising there from 2004 to 2007 mastering the oncoplastic technique to treat breast cancer avoiding mastectomy and breast reconstructive techniques (implants and pedicle flap).
In 2007, he became a substantive Consultant Breast Surgeon in Worthing Hospital and worked for six years in the regional breast screening programme obtaining a post graduate certificate in ultrasound and interventional ultrasound guided procedure on breast. His main fields of interest are oncoplastic breast conservative surgery, risk reducing surgery, breast reconstruction with implant and autologous pedicle flap.
Trained in Lyon to perform lipomodeling as part as autologous breast reconstruction, Riccardo has a keen interest in teaching and from July 2015 is a member of the Faculty for The Oncoplastic Breast Surgery and ADM Reconstruction Course at King's College of London.
In September 2014, he has been nominated the Clinical Lead for Breast Subspecialty at London Deanery Higher Skills Program Imperial College of London.
He is the author of several publications and book chapters regarding oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery, and he has been invited to several national and international conferences as a speaker on these topics
- Plastic technique to treat breast cancer in order to achieve the best possible cosmetic outcome
- Immediate and delayed breast reconstruction using implants and mesh and pedicle flaps
- Breast cosmetic surgery (breast augmentation and reduction)
- Benign and malignant breast diseases
- Fat graft (lipomodeling) for congenital breast abnormality, deformity after breast conservative surgery and after breast reconstruction
- Member of British Association of Surgical Oncology National Committee
- Member of the Association of Breast Surgeons
- Registered with the General Medical Council
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Western Sussex Hospital Trust Worthing
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)