Qualified in Medicine in 1998 from the University of Cambridge.
Worked in Cambridge, London and Sheffield before gaining a Wellcome Trust clinical research training fellowship investigating inflammatory mechanisms in coronary artery disease. PhD awarded in 2006 from the University of Sheffield.
Specialist cardiology training in Sheffield, Nottingham and Birmingham between 2005 and 2013.
Appointed to current post as consultant cardiologist with a specialist interest in interventional cardiology at Nottingham city hospital in 2013. Clinical lead for primary angioplasty – a regional 24:7 service for the time critical treatment of acute heart attacks.
Fully trained in the investigation and management of all aspects of adult cardiology including chest pain, breathlessness, heart failure, heart murmurs, palpitations, dizziness, fainting and blackouts.
- the investigation and management of coronary artery disease including coronary angiography and angioplasty (percutaneous coronary intervention)
- the investigation and management of valvular heart disease including transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Cardiac catheterisation and coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty and stents (percutaneous coronary intervention)
- Cardiac stress testing
- Ambulatory ECG and blood pressure monitoring
Registered with most common private medical insurance companies