Mr Rod Alexander
Consultant Colorectal and Laparoscopic Surgeon
BM (Hons), MSc, FRCS (Gen Surg)
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
Prior to starting at the Great Western Hospital, he was awarded a Nationally-appointed industry sponsored Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship at Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey. Here, he gained further experience and expertise in all aspects of Laparoscopic Colorectal work, Robotic surgery for rectal cancer and trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery (TEMS/TEO).
He was awarded an MSc in Leadership and Management and has published widely in his field of surgical interest.
- Key hole surgery (The Laparoscopic Approach)
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia surgery (including laparoscopic hernia repairs)
- Colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- All aspects of proctology: fissures, haemorrhoid surgery including Haemorrhoid artery ligation (THD), Fistulae, faecal incontinence and prolapse.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland (ACPBGI)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALSGBI)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)