Dr Roland Ede
MB,BS MRCS , MRCP , FRCP
Practices at: BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
Dr Roland Ede is a Consultant Gastroenterologist who works at Darent Valley Hospital with sessions at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospitals where he is hon Consultant Gastroenterologist. After qualifying from Guy’s, he trained at King’s, where he was MRC Research Fellow at the Institute for Liver Disease. Following senior registrar training at the Royal London Hospital, he was appointed Consultant Gastroenterologist at Darent Valley Hospital and at St Thomas’. He established the extracorporeal biliary lithotripsy service at St Thomas’ for the treatment of bile duct and pancreatic stones.
In addition to specialist experience in Liver Disease, he undertakes a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, including colonoscopy, ERCP, oesophageal dilatation and stenting. He has been endoscopy lead for Darent Valley and lead for upper GI cancer.
His research interests include inflammatory bowel disease and pancreatobiliary disease. Dr Ede has chaired the regional gastroenterology committee and the London gastroenterology training committee. He has been undergraduate sub dean and honorary senior lecturer at King’s College London.
- Member of the British Society of Gastroenterology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians London
- Member of the Medical Defence Union
- Member of the British Association for the Study of the Liver
- Medical Advisor to Bromley, Bexley and Dartford branch of Crohns and Colitis UK
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy including colonoscopy and therapeutic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal cancer diagnosis and management.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: management of Crohn’s disease & colitis
- General gastroenterology including oesophageal disease, reflux. dyspepsia, dysphagia, Barretts, Anaemia
- Hepatobiliary disease: gallstone management, fatty liver disease, jaundice, cirrhosis, hepatology and pancreatic disease
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)