Dr Jibran trained in General and Interventional Cardiology in Hull as part of Yorkshire Deanery from 2008-2013. He then went on to do a prestigious fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Halifax, Canada in 2014.
He was appointed Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Hospital and was visiting Interventional Cardiologist at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester in 2017. Dr Jibran then moved to Scotland in 2019 and is now working as an Interventional Cardiologist in NHS Fife and Edinburgh Heart Centre.
Dr Jibran has a keen interest in teaching and training. He was the Educational Lead for the Department of Cardiology at Wigan. He was an Honorary Senior Lecturer for Edge Hill University and was involved in teaching Medical students enrolled in Manchester University. He continues to provide regular cardiology teaching to junior doctors and is their educational supervisor as well.
He has been actively involved in Quality Improvement projects and Audits. He has taken part in several research projects during his training and as a consultant including ongoing research projects in his department (DUAL- ACS, IRONMAN STUDY).
- Angina (chest pain)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure
- Heart murmur
- Referrals for investigation of shortness of breath
- Dizzy spells and collapse
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Perioperative cardiac assessment and treatment of elevated cholesterol level
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- Member of Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- Member of British Cardiac Society
- Member of British Society of Cardiovascular Intervention