Mr Samuel Mattine
Consultant Cosmetic and Reconstructive Facial Plastic/Head and Neck Surgeon
FRCS, MRCS, MBChB, MDs, FDSRCS, FFDRCS
Practices at: BMI The Priory Hospital
He practices exclusively on face and offers different types of facelifts, rhinoplasty (nose surgery), eyelid surgery, otoplasty (ear reshaping), facial/jaw augmentation (fat grafting or implants) and facial feminisation surgery (sex change). He has also introduced the most recent facial cosmetic procedures including permanent lip enhancement surgery (lip lift) and bespoke facial implants at BMI The Priory .
He is dedicated to perfecting his techniques and providing the highest standard of care with patient safety and wellbeing as his top priority. He applies the most advanced technology in his clinical practice and has introduced new surgical techniques to achieve better outcomes for his patients.
He is a board certified and fully accredited specialist and is listed on the specialist register with the General Medical Council. He holds both the FRCS and MRCS qualifications from Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
Mr Mattine has been comprehensively trained in the UK and France. He graduated from Birmingham Medical School and undertook his general surgical training in the West Midlands. He subsequently embarked on specialist higher surgical training in the Northwest and was awarded his specialist intercollegiate FRCS Exam.
He was awarded the European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery Leibenger Prize as well as the British Association of OMFS travelling fellowship to complete a craniofacial fellowship in Paris where he refined his skills in modern aesthetic and plastic surgery procedures.
After returning to the UK, he was selected for one of the 7 nationally awarded advanced Interface Head & Neck /Reconstructive Microvascular surgery fellowships at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead, where he developed skills in advanced facial reconstruction.
He has completed sub-specialist training in facial reanimation and total ear reconstruction, having trained with internationally renowned pioneers of these techniques in France.
He is a core member of specialist Head & Neck multidisciplinary team and a member of the specialist multidisciplinary team managing skin cancer. He is the OMFS Lead Clinician and Governance Lead for Head and Neck surgery for Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
Samuel has contributed to medical literature and has been invited to speak at several national and international meetings including keynote lectures and Masterclass symposiums. He enjoys teaching and is an instructor on the Paris Plastic Surgery course as well as The Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons UK . He is involved in training higher surgical trainees both in the UK and overseas.
Facial Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery:
- Face: Facelift, Mini Facelift, Mid facelift, Thread Lift
- Nose: Rhinoplasty
- Eye lid surgery: Blepharoplasty , Endoscopic Brow lift, Open Brow lift, management of Ptosis (upper eyelid drooping/lazy eye)
- Ears: Otoplasty (Ear reshaping/pinning)
- Neck/Chin: Neck lift, Mentoplasty, Genioplasty
- Facial Asymmetry: Osteotomy, Fat grafting, Implants
- Facial Augmentation: Liposculpture, Lipofilling
- Facial/neck contouring: Liposuction, fat grafting,
- Facial Implants: Cheek augmentation/enhancement, Jaw/chin reshaping
- Facial Feminising Surgery (FFS)
- Skeletal Facial Deformity (Osteotomy): Genioplasty, Forehead and Jaw reshaping
- Facial Skin: Scar revision/improvement
Head and Neck/Reconstructive Surgery:
- Head and neck pathology: tumours, oncology and cancer
- Head & Neck Lumps
- Salivary gland disease (parotidectomy and sub-mandibular)
- Facial reconstructive surgery
- Obstructive sleep apnoea and snoring
- Skin: cancer/lesions/moles
- Maxillofacial trauma
- Nasal reconstruction: following cancer or trauma
- Ear reconstruction: (Congenital and acquired, post traumatic or cancer)
- Facial Palsy/Paralysis: static and dynamic facial reanimation
- Chemical peels
- Anti wrinkle injections
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons UK
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons
- General Medical Council
- Medical protection Society
- British Medical Association Hospital Consultants & Specialists Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)