Dr Sandip Ghosh
MBBS, MD, FRCP(Edinburgh)
Practices at: BMI The Priory Hospital
My areas of interest are:
Diabetes and Endocrinology: I specialise in the management of all aspects of diabetes.
- New therapies and technology
- Complications of diabetes: kidney, feet and eye complications
- Patients with sex hormone abnormality with diabetes
- Diabetes, thyroid disease, adrenal disease
- Pre and postoperative diabetes
- Post transplant diabetes
- Diabetes in hospitalised patients: I lead the inpatient Diabetes services in the UHB NHSFT. Diabetes in hospitalised patients may be difficult to manage and this is an area of my interest. I am developing guidelines for the safe management of hospitalised patients in our Trust. I am a steering group member of the ‘Think Glucose’ initiative (an initiative to improve blood glucose management in the hospitalised patients) of the West Midlands NHS Strategic Health Authority.
General (Internal) Medicine: I see a wide variety of medical patients with both endocrine and non- endocrine conditions. Common patients seen in medical assessment unit are patients with falls and dizziness, shortness of breath, confusion, weight loss, kidney disorder, chest pain and palpitation, neurological disorders and fever due to different causes.
- Special interest in management of diabetes in hospitalised patients
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Endocrine hypertension and new therapies in diabetes
- Also see a variety of general medical patients.
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Diabetes UK
- Society for Endocrinology
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)