Dr Sanjay Kuravinakop
Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthetics
MBBS, DA, FRCA, FFPMRCA
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
He has been a consultant at Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust since 2013. He completed his training in the prestigious Barts and London School of Anaesthesia and joined the specialist register in 2013. His advanced training was in the field of Pain management. Having gained a wide experience in pain management he subspecialised in chronic pain medicine.
In Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust he is currently involved in providing a comprehensive care to all his patients suffering from chronic pain. He is predominantly based at Queen Marys’ Hospital, Sidcup. He is a member of the Faculty of Pain medicine and Royal college of Anaesthetists.
In our hospital, all his patients have an initial comprehensive consultation in the clinic followed by thorough investigation/s where necessary. All the treatments offered are tailored to the patient’s needs. This thorough approach has consistently led to delivery of excellent care to all his patients.
He also works closely with colleagues in the surgical field and in allied health like physiotherapy and manual therapy. Due to this good network all his patients get the appropriate treatment in a timely fashion. He is highly regarded by his peers and patients.
His special interests are low back pain, sciatica pain, facet joint pain, neck pain, cervicogenic headaches, shoulder pain, Whiplash injuries, coccycodynia, myofacial pain, neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, chronic post-surgical pain and muscoloskeletal pains.
He offers a variety of interventional procedures in the management of different pain conditions.
- Lumbar, thoracic and caudal epidural injection of local anaesthetic and steroid
- Lumbar and cervical facet joint medial branch radiofrequency and pulsed radiofrequency
- Sympathectomy i.e. lumbar sympathectomy and celiac plexus blocks
- Selective nerve root blocks and pulsed radio frequency of dorsal root ganglion in the cervical and lumbar regions
- Sacroiliac joint injection and radiofrequency denervation
- Peripheral nerve blocks – Greater and lesser occipital nerve block, supra-scapular and Genicular nerve blocks for shoulder pains and knee pains respectively
He has been a co-author of articles published in International Journals. He has presented posters in international meetings and has been a guest speaker at local and International meetings.
- Spinal pain - Neck, mid-back and low back pain
- Nerve pain conditions - including sciatica and persistent or recurrence of sciatica and low back pain after back surgery
- Myofascial pain conditions and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Faculty of Pain Medicine
- British Pain Society
- Medical Defence Union
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)