Dr Sanjay Raj
MBBS MRCP FRCR
Practices at: BMI Sarum Road Hospital
Dr Raj is a consultant clinical oncologist with experience in treating early stage and advanced breast cancer using chemotherapy, radiotherapy and endocrine and biological agents. He is also involved in the development of new treatments like intensity modulated radiotherapy (a very precise form of radiotherapy), image guided radiotherapy and intraoperative radiotherapy (radiotherapy given during surgery)
Dr Raj is interested in the use of genomics (the study of genes and their functions) and predictive testing in early stage breast cancer. He is a postgraduate college tutor for the Royal College of Radiology.
Principal investigator in over 15 breast trials with National Cancer Research Institute.
- Introducing intensity modulated and image guided radiotherapy at UHS in the IMPORT HIGH clinical trial
- Delivered intraoperative radiotherapy as part of the TARGIT trial in Winchester
- Set up mortality and morbidity meetings for oncology since 2009
Awards and prizes
- Merit in MBBS pharmacology
- Breast oncology
- Systemic treatments with chemotherapy, hormones and antibody treatment
- Radiotherapy - IMRT and IGRT
- Treating early stage breast cancer
- Advanced breast cancer
- Biological agents
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (a very precise form of radiotherapy)
- Image guided radiotherapy
- Intraoperative radiotherapy (radiotherapy given during surgery)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Radiologists
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)