Dr Saqib Bashir
Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon
BSc(1st Class Hons), MB ChB, MRCP, MD
Practices at: BMI The Sloane Hospital
Dr Bashir is a Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon at King’s College Hospital, London, where he is the Lead Clinician for Skin Cancer, and in charge of dermatological surgery.
Clinically at the avant guarde of dermatological surgery, Dr Bashir practices Mohs micrographic surgery and has expertise in laser treatment of skin disease. In addition, he has strong background in skin allergy with several years of research in this field.
Gaining a 1st Class Honours from Imperial College, London, he returned to his home town to gain his medical degree from the University of Glasgow. Following this, he gained a research fellowship at the highly prestigious University of California, San Francisco, leading to the publication of his book, “Evidence-Based Dermatology” and many research papers. Returning to the UK, he practiced Medicine at Cambridge University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, where he was also a Tutor at Christ’s College and Queen’s College, Cambridge.
From there, he moved to London, to join the world renowned St. John’s Institute of Dermatology. During his time at St. John’s he presented work at a variety of international meetings, including the American Academy of Dermatology and the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
With this solid background in Medicine and General Dermatology, Dr Bashir focussed his skills on surgical and laser treatment of skin disease, undertaking subspecialty training in Moh’s micrographic surgery and laser surgery to bring the latest treatments to his patients.
- Dermatological surgery including skin cancer surgery
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Mole assessment/removal and dermatoscopy
- Allergic skin disease - patch and skin prick testing
- Medical skin disorders - advanced treatment for acne
- Eczema and other skin diseases
- Cosmetic dermatology including facial peels, fillers, lasers, removal of skin lesions.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the British Association of Dermatologists
- Member of the British Society of Dermatological Surgery
- Member of the St John's Dermatological Society
- Member of the British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)