Dr Sara Carty
MB BS, FRCP, PhD
Practices at: BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
I investigated the potential benefits of combination therapy which inhibits both TNFa and IL-6 signalling in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. During the course of my training and previous consultant post I have developed clinical and research interests in early synovitis, biologics in Ankylosing spondylitis and interstitial lung disease in rheumatology.
I have an interest in undergraduate education and pastoral care and am involved in student selection and assessment as well as education. I undertook general medical training in Nottingham and in Newcastle upon Tyne where I also gained my undergraduate degree.
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory arthritides.
- Connective tissue disease
- Lung problems in arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis and other inflammatory back pain
- Joint and soft tissue injection and joint aspirations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of The British Society for Rheumatology
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)