Mrs Sarah Vickers
Paediatric Specialist Dietitian
Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics with State Registration in Dietetics BSc Hons, PGDip, SRD
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
On qualifying Mrs Vickers worked in Blackburn and Hyndburn Hospitals covering a wide range of specialties within the adult setting and subsequently began her paediatric career at The Manchester Children’s Hospitals in 2000 working at both Booth Hall Children’s Hospital, Pendlebury Children’s Hospital, and the merged Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital in 2010. Mrs Vickers subsequently worked for 5 years at Stepping Hill Hospital and at Wythenshawe Hospital as Lead Paediatric and Neonatal Dietitian since 2019.
Mrs Vickers has over 20 years experience within the field of paediatric dietetics and has worked across a number of specialisms including food allergy and intolerance, gastro-oesophageal reflux, gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery, faltering growth, low FODMAP diet, nutritional support, tube feeding, weight management, general medical and surgical, burns and ICU and including Neonatal Dietetics over the last 2 years. From 2021 Mrs Vickers will support the Neonatal training on the Masters module for Dietitians in training for Paediatrics at RMCH. From 2021 Mrs Vickers is training in SOS feeding therapy.
Mrs Vickers works alongside parents, Consultants and GP’s supporting the diagnosis / exclusion and management of food allergy and intolerance. Mrs Vickers can provide prescription advice on specialist formula’s directly to GP’s and Consultants to support this process. NICE guidelines (2011) on ‘Food Allergy in Children and Young People’ indicate that babies and young children with suspected allergy to cow’s milk should be referred to a paediatric dietitian as part of their management.
Having personal experience of having a child with gastro-oesophageal reflux as ‘silent reflux’, Mrs Vickers relates very well to parents’ experiences and difficulties in managing this. Your child’s doctor can refer to Mrs Vickers or you are able to self-refer for consultation.
- Dietary consultations and screening
- Faltering growth
- Management of food allergy and intolerance for infants and children
- Prescription advice service to GP’s on specialist formulas for milk allergy
- Dietary aspects of gastro-oesophageal reflux (GOR)
- Low FODMAP diet for IBS management
- Dietary advice for Coeliac disease and Crohn’s disease
- Support and assessment for fussy eaters
- Specific mineral advice eg Iron deficiency anaemia, Calcium assessments
- Weight management advice
- Ex-premature babies specialist formula and weaning advice
- Feeding therapy - training in SOS approach to feeding therapy
- Any Paediatric Dietetic issue
- The British Dietetic Association
- BDA Paediatric Specialist Group
- BDA Food Allergy Specialist Group
- BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Group
- BDA Freelance Dietitians Specialist Group
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)