Mr Seyed Ali obtained his MBBS and Basic Orthopaedic training in India. After moving to UK, he underwent further extensive training in General orthopaedics, trauma and Foot & Ankle surgery. He is currently working as a Specialist Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle consultant at the University Hospital Birmingham (Queen Elizabeth Hospitals). Being a major teaching and referral hospital, it receives tertiary referrals from many other hospitals from the region.
He provides highest quality foot & ankle service in his chosen elective sub-speciality area.
He has a keen interest in total ankle replacement and has undergone specialist training in Liestal, Switzerland. He has also undertaken advanced training in ankle arthroscopy at the Amsterdam Medical Centre Hospital in Amsterdam, a world renowned Sports Injury Centre. He visited various centres of excellence in Foot & Ankle Surgery around the globe and gained valuable experience in the speciality.
He is actively involved in the teaching and training of junior doctors as part of the West Midlands Post-Graduate Orthopaedic Training Scheme. He has published articles in International Journals and presented papers at numerous National & International conferences.
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Bunion removal and treatment
- Achilles tendonitis, achilles tendon rupture and other tendon injuries
- All fractures relating to foot and ankle; calcaneal fracture, acute and chronic fractures of the foot, non-union, malunion and stress fractures
- Anterior & Posterior Ankle arthroscopy for impingement, ankle ligament reconstruction, osteoarthritis of ankle
- Ankle fusion (Arthroscopic and open) and ankle replacement
- Forefoot conditions including; Bunion surgery for correction/fusion and lesser toe deformities
- Midfoot and hindfoot arthritis, including tibialis posterior and peroneal tendon abnormalities/dysfunction, plantar fascitis and flat foot
- Sports injuries relating to foot and ankle, acute and chronic ankle sprain, osteochondral lesion, ankle posterior and ankle impingement