Following his graduation from Imperial College School of Medicine in 2001 he went on to undertake his basic surgical training in Kent and the London region before completing his specialist orthopaedic training on the Bristol rotation.
Mr Punwar undertook a fellowship year of complex arthroplasty and sports injury training in Perth, Western Australia before returning to the UK and being appointed as a Consultant Trauma Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Mr Punwar has been listed on the General Medical Council's specialist register since July 2014. He is also a GMC recognised educational trainer responsible for instructing the next generation of orthopaedic surgeons.
- Knee and hip replacement surgery
- Knee ligament injuries
- Partial knee replacements
- Day case hip and knee replacements
- Lower limb sports related injuries
- General orthopaedic trauma
- ACL reconstruction and rapid recovery following surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Current NHS and /or University Posts
University Hospital Lewisham
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)