Dr Shahir Hamdulay is an established and experienced Consultant in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine within the Northwest London sector. He studied medicine at the Royal Free Hospital, graduated in 1999 and completed postgraduate and specialist training in Hammersmith, University College London, St. Mary’s and Northwick Park Hospitals.
During specialist training he completed a British Heart Foundation clinical research fellowship at Hammersmith Hospital researching the vascular effects of drug therapy in the context of inflammatory diseases such as vasculitis, SLE and related connective tissue diseases. This led to the award of Ph.D by Imperial College London and he has subsequently won prizes from the British Society of Rheumatology and Royal Society of Medicine for this research.
Shahir Hamdulay practices general internal medicine and general rheumatology, and has a clinical interest in vasculitis, SLE and the inflammatory connective tissue diseases. He plays an active role in clinical research and lectures at an undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Currently he has an established practice at London Northwest University Healthcare and has strong networks with other specialists including orthopaedics, neurology and physiotherapy.
Areas of expertise
- Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and other types of arthritis
- Gout and other crystal arthritis
- Lupus and related diseases
- Vasculitis, temporal arteritis (GCA) and polymyalgia rheumatica
- Ankylosing spondylitis and other spinal diseases
- Infection related arthritis
- Joint injections
- Unexplained fevers, fatigue, pain and other symptoms
- Diagnosis and treatment of complex general medical and rheumatological problems