Mr Agrawal has been building his career and experience in Ear Nose & Throat Surgery (ENT) for over 20 years. At the end of his official training he chose to spend an additional year to gain more in depth experience looking after people with problems affecting their ears, hearing and balance.
He is an NHS consultant in Manchester at Pennine Acute NHS Trust, where he works in ENT, specialise in Otology (Ears) and lead their Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Service (BAHA). He has the additional responsibility as Clinical Director of the Department.
He sees insured and self funding patients at Oaklands Hospital in Salford and Highfield Hospital in Rochdale.
He has interests in all aspects of ENT, this includes sore throats, tonsillitis, nasal blockage, nasal polyps and allergy or rhinitis. He also specialises in seeing patients with ear problems including wax, hearing loss, infection, discharge, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo and imbalance. He performs a range of operations focusing on the Ear and Nose.
Consultations are friendly and relaxed, giving patients time to describe and then understand their problems, all explained in understandable words and language. All patients also receive copies of the same letters posted to their GPs.
Continues to support the career development of students, doctors and health professionals through education, training and as a speaker at courses. Has an interest in the management of services in order to maintain an efficient, quality service for patients.
- Qualified 1997 - Trained locally as an ENT Surgeon in the North West with a subspecialty interest in Otology
- Included the CRS Amplifon Scholarship with short fellowships in Antwerp and Copenhagen
- Awarded the Royal College of Surgeons of London Post CCT Fellowship in Otology and Skull Base Surgery
- As well as having a practice in general Ear, Nose and Throat problems, he has a subspecialist interest in Otology for both Children and Adults. This includes the treatment of nasal blockage, discharging ears due to wax or infection and the assessment of patients with tinnitus, dizzyness and vertigo
- Specialises in mastoid surgery and ossiculoplasty, stapedotomy and bone anchored hearing aids for hearing loss