Mr Shailesh Agrawal
Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon
MBChB, Diploma in Laryngology and Otology, FRCS (ORLHNS)
Practices at: BMI The Highfield Hospital
He is an NHS consultant in Manchester at Pennine Acute NHS Trust, where he works in ENT, specialises in Otology (Ears) and leads their Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Service (BAHA). He has the additional responsibility as the Clinical Director of the Department.
He has interests in all aspects of ENT, this includes sore throats, tonsillitis, nasal blockage, nasal polyps and allergy or rhinitis. He also specialises in seeing patients with ear problems including wax, hearing loss, infection, discharge, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo and imbalance. He performs a range of operations focusing on the Ear and Nose.
Consultations are friendly and relaxed, giving patients time to describe and then understand their problems, all explained in understandable words and language. All patients also receive copies of the same letters posted to their GPs.
He continues to support the career development of students, doctors and health professionals through education, training and as a speaker at courses. Has an interest in the management of services in order to maintain an efficient, quality service for patients.
- As well as having a practice in general Ear, Nose and Throat problems, he has a subspecialist interest in Otology for both Children and Adults. This includes the treatment of nasal blockage, discharging ears due to wax or infection and the assessment of patients with tinnitus, dizzyness and vertigo
- Specialises in mastoid surgery and ossiculoplasty, stapedotomy and bone anchored hearing aids for hearing loss
- Qualified 1997 - Trained locally as an ENT Surgeon in the North West with a subspecialty interest in Otology
- Included the CRS Amplifon Scholarship with short fellowships in Antwerp and Copenhagen
- Awarded the Royal College of Surgeons of London Post CCT Fellowship in Otology and Skull Base Surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)