"El-Hasani has specialised for the past 32 years in upper gastrointestinal, gallbladder, hernia and weight loss procedures. He and his 'fantastic team' have fitted more than 1,600 laparoscopic (keyhole) gastric bands, performed 800 gastric bypasses and 200 endoscopic insertions of gastric balloons".
Mr Shamsi El-Hasani's private practice is allocated at BMI hospitals (Chelsfield Park and The Sloane). For the last 32 years has mainly specialised in upper gastrointestinal, gall bladder, hernia and weight loss surgery. Mr El-Hasani has long and structured training in laparoscopic/keyhole approach to surgery.
Mr El-Hasani began Bariatric surgical services at BMI hospitals in the year 2000 and currently he is the Director for this service. So far he has performed in excess of ;1600 laparoscopic gastric bands, 800 laparoscopic gastric bypass, 200 endoscopic insertion of gastric balloon. Also he performs regularly laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and undertakes the management of revisional bariatric surgery.
Mr El-Hasani is closely involved in the surgical management of type 2 diabetes and he has recent international publication in this field.
Mr El-Hasani's other surgical profile includes in excess of 10,000 gastroscopies, 2300 laparoscopic cholecystectomies, 2600 laparoscopic repair of abdominal wall hernias and 600 laparoscopic surgical procedures for gastro-oesphageal reflux.
Procedures Mr El Hasani provides:
- Laparoscopic Rou-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic Mini/One anastomosis gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic insertion of gastric band
- Laparoscopic greater curvature plication
- Endoscopic insertion of gastric balloon
- Revisional surgery for gastric band
- Removal, repositioning, conversion to Sleeve or bypass
- Revisional surgery for previous gastric bypass
- Pouch trimimg, insertion of band on pouch, changing limb lengths
- Revisional surgery for previous Sleeve
- Re-sleeve, insertion of band on sleeve, conversion to bypass
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Keyhole removal of gall bladder
- Laparoscopic/Keyhole Hernia repair (all types)