Mr Shwan Amin
Consultant General Surgeon
MB ChB FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Gen.Surg)
Practices at: BMI Thornbury Hospital
Mr Amin’s primary interest is the management of colorectal cancer. He established Sheffield as a centre for laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery. He provides the regional service for early rectal cancer surgery using trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery. This technique allows the removal of early rectal cancer and spares the patient the need for a stoma (colostomy).
He also has an interest in hernia surgery and offers laparoscopic (keyhole) hernia surgery for all different types of hernia. He is the lead clinician for colon and rectal cancer services at the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. He described new techniques in the management of anal fistula disease, parastomal hernia repair and published in the field of colorectal surgery.
- Specialist in the management of colorectal cancer including laparoscopic (keyhole) colorectal surgery
- Surgery for early rectal cancer through trans-anal endoscopic microsurgery
- Minimally invasive (keyhole) hernia surgery
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease and ileoanal pouch formation
- Fistula surgery including the use of flaps and fistula plugs
- Haemorrhoid and fissure surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland
- General Medical Council
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)