Dr Simon Edgar
MB ChB; MRC Psych.
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
He completed his specialist training at Guy’s, Kings and St Thomas’ hospitals in London before going onto a substantive post as Consultant Psychiatrist in West London from 2001 to 2003. Following this he moved to Milton Keynes where he now runs a regular private and NHS practice.
Dr Edgar has worked as a key member of the Inpatient and Community Mental Health services, particularly the Adult Assessment Team and Early Intervention in Psychosis Team (EIPT), in which he has been the Lead Clinician since its inception in 2006. The EIPT consistently gets excellent patient and carer ratings, and was shortlisted for the College of Northwest London Trusts' Team of the Year award in 2020. After being nominated by his patients Dr Edgar himself won the 2010 MK Trust Individual Clinician of the year award which is an achievement he is very proud of.
From 2008 to 2012 Dr Edgar held the role of Clinical Director for Adult Mental Health in Milton Keynes, and he now dedicates a lot of his time to teaching, training and education. He is actively involved with South Thames Postgraduate training programme and Oxford University Regional Training programme for psychiatrists and GPs.
Dr Edgar holds weekly sessions at The Saxon Clinic and you can book an appointment with him by contacting his medical secretary directly. Please call the hospital for details.
Assessment and Treatment of a full range of Mental Health conditions in Adults from 18 years old including but not limited to:
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder and Psychosis
Dr Edgars particular area of expertise is in Treatment of Psychotic conditions. Main Exclusions are:
- Dementias and other Organic conditions causing mental health problems
- Alcohol and Substance misuse where these are the main or only concern
- Learning Disability
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- GMC Specialist Register of Adult General Psychiatrists
NHS and/or University Posts
- Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Lead for Early Intervention in Psychosis Team (EIPT)
- Consultant Psychiatrist at Central and North West London (CNWL) NHS Foundation Trust & in Milton Keynes
- Accredited Postgraduate Trainer for the Oxford University Psychiatry and GP Training Programmes
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)